9:00 am - 11:30 am Workshop A | Your One-Stop Handbook on FPSOs and How to Effectively Integrate FPSOs for Deep-water Fields
FPSOs undeniably remain the most cost-effective solution for relevant offshore projects, especially in Brazil’s deep-water fields. How exactly can FPSOs be effective in maximizing deep-water oil field potential? With the extensive investments involved in getting an FPSO up and running, is this cost actually justifiable? In this one-stop guide for FPSOs, understand essential financing, contracting, commercial and technical considerations, and explore how you can effectively integrate FPSOs into Brazil’s pre-salt deep-water fields.
- Examine the main components of an FPSO – What goes into FPSO design?
- Discover the difference between new-builds vs converted FPSOs
- Determine the optimal leasing and contracting model for your FPSO project
- Evaluate available financing and contracting models to make project economics work
12:30 pm - 3:00 pm Workshop B | An Insider’s Guide on Managing FPSO Projects and Working in Brazil
Recent regulatory changes have opened doors to the previously “closed” Brazilian economy, and one of the world’s strongest oil leaders is now seeing an increasing number of international players entering its market. However with different eco-systems, infrastructure, solution provider landscape and local content requirements in place, international players cannot simply adopt a plug-and-play approach. Business models and strategies need to be tailored to this unique economy, and this hands-on workshop will provide you with the exclusive opportunity to do so.
- Map out Brazil’s offshore market, the FPSO landscape and relevant stakeholders involved
- Understand how to source the right vendors and partners in Brazil
- Design strategies to work effectively with local companies and shipyards
3:30 pm - 6:00 pm Workshop C | Designing Competitive Projects and Becoming a Preferred Supplier to FPSO Contractors and Oil
With the Brazilian FPSO market increasing its offshore activities, it is of utmost importance to know where potential activities and projects lie so that you can better plan out your business strategies and allocate resources effectively. More importantly, local content requirements in Brazil mean you need to make your bid as competitive as possible while working within regulatory constraints. This interactive workshop will equip solution providers with practical strategies to formulate the most competitive bid and become the preferred supplier in this increasingly competitive environment.
- Investigate the potential size, schedule and location of Brazil’s FPSO projects in the next 5 years
- Understand the contracting tender processes from a client and bidder’s perspective
- Analyze the technical and operational requirements for FPSO contracts and tenders
- Collaboration not Competition – Is it economically viable to develop successful partnerships and collaborations along the FPSO value chain in Brazil?